- Teachers pick up classes between 7:40 and 7:45 am. Instruction begins at 7:45.
- Remind students to use the restroom before class. Trips to the bathroom from class should be only for emergencies.
- Practice the freeze bell with students as needed.
- Teachers must pick up students on time.
- Primary teachers walk students to the bathroom. All teachers remind students to use the bathroom and get a drink of water during recess, not after the bell rings.
- Dismiss students to recess on time and pick up students after recess on time.
- Go over restroom and hygiene rules with students regularly.
- Students are to walk to their lines.
- All teachers are to walk their entire class all the way into the cafeteria.
- Teachers must bring their classes to the cafeteria on time: (M, T, Th, F)
- K: arrive at 10:55; dismissed to yard at 11:20; lunch ends at 11:40
- Grades 1/4: arrive at 11:25; dismissed to yard at 11:45; lunch ends at 12:10
- Grades 2/5: arrive at 11:55; dismissed to yard at 12:10; lunch ends at 12:40
- Grades 3/6: arrive at 12:25; dismissed to yard at 12:45; lunch ends at 1:10
- Wed schedule: K - 10:10-10:55; 1/4 - 10:35-11:20; 2/5 - 11:05-11:50 3/6 - 11:35-12:20
- Teachers should dismiss students no earlier than 2:27 pm. Early Out Wednesday: Dismissal at 12:27.;
- Teachers will be at their assigned areas to monitor dismissal.
School and Playground Rules
- No fighting or play fighting at any time under any circumstances.
- If someone hits you, DO NOT HIT BACK. Tell a yard supervisor or teacher.
- No inappropriate touching.
- No cursing/profanity.
- No teasing, taunting, name-calling, threatening, harassing, or other bully-type behavior.
- No rough play (tackling, wrestling, etc.)
- Students should play only in supervised areas. Students are not allowed to play outside classrooms or between buildings.
- Walk at all times in hallways, around buildings, and on the sidewalk.
- Use playground equipment properly.
- No throwing of bark, dirt, rocks, sticks, or other harmful objects.
- No jumping down from the monkey bars or slides.
- Slide down the slides only. No climbing up the slides.
- Stay on the school grounds at all times.
- No climbing of fences, trees, or buildings.
- No playing or walking on benches, planter boxes, or rails.
- Personal toys and/or games are not allowed at school. The items will be confiscated and can only be retrieved by a parent/guardian.
- Students must use the restroom and get drinks during recess, not after the bell rings.
- All students are to freeze when the bell rings, stay still and quiet until a yard supervisor blows a whistle, and then walk to their line.
- School staff reserves the right to change or add to these rules at any time.
1. Walk in all hallways and corridors.
2. Students must have a pass or be accompanied by an adult to be in the hallways.
3. Use inside voices -- no yelling or screaming.
4. Do not touch any artwork or bulletin board displays.
5. Students should walk in the middle of the hallway, away from doors.
- When the bell rings, all students should freeze and wait silently for the yard supervisor to blow a whistle. Students then walk to their line.
- While in line, keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Students should stand silently, facing forward.
- Pay attention to teacher directions.
- Once in line, do not leave your place. "Cutting" is not allowed.
- Walk with your class in line. Horseplay and shortcuts under railings are not allowed.
- Line up quietly -- speak in low voices at all times.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself.
- Do not touch classroom displays or cafeteria fixtures.
- Eat quietly at your assigned table.
- Do not share food.
- Do not throw food.
- Use proper table manners.
- Sit on your bottom with feet under the table.
- Clean up after yourself and make sure your eating area is neat.
- Do not leave your table without permission.
- Tables will be dismissed to the yard after 20 minutes only when their table is clean and all trash is picked up.
- Do not bring any food or drinks outside the cafeteria.
- Remember to say "please" and "thank you."